alvie's genealogy spot

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

It has been a while since I posted to this blog thing so here goes another shot. Just cannot imagine I stayed up last night (8 Jan 2007) to watch my favorite football team (Gators) dump those Ohio State University Buckeyes. It takes an almost flawless team from Florida to beat a mighty team like those Buckeyes. Go Gators !!
The year of 2007 seems to be shaping up to be a very large one in my own playbook. The main thing is getting my daughter, Kim, off on the right foot of her baptism into genealogy as a vocation rather than a simple hobby. Next is attending as much genealogy programs as possible with her to help her get more into that head for future use.
In the meantime I cannot slow down my own work in this field and must keep an income to make sure this old ship stays afloat financially. Still keep getting more work from repeat clientele and getting a few new ones from time to time.
Did my first advertisment in the Association of Professional Genealogist's Quarterly for the December 2006 issue and it looks very good. I did not do the art work - had it done professionally by a young lady in Salt Lake City who does super work. Ask me if you want her name. I am still maintaining a web page (http://www.floridadetective.net) and now and then I hand out some business cards when I am around those who might have an interest in my skills.
Thank goodness for this blog. More later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home