alvie's genealogy spot

Thursday, April 12, 2007

View from Florida

It has just about moved into full blown summer. It was over 80 degrees here in Lakeland today and the breeze was blowing lightly out of the west.
Got a call from the vital records office in Portland, Maine and the clerk said it was snowing and it might put a damper on their "Patriot's Day" celebration on Monday. I wish all states would celebrate such a thing and recognize our founding fathers.
We are having a big celebration on Saturday for our local chapter of the United Daughters of the Confederacy is dedicating a memorial marker for all the Confederate soldiers buried in a local cemetery. I have been asked to speak for a few minutes as I will be representing the genealogy community.
I will try to get a photo of the memorial marker and post it on my blog for all the world to see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home