alvie's genealogy spot

Monday, July 09, 2007

Preparing for NIGR

It is a lot of getting ready to make sure we get the most out of the National Archives program entitled "National Institute on Genealogical Research" to begin the evening of July 15th and continuing for a week. We have some of the best instructors leading and guiding through the records at NARA. It is off to the classroom all day and cramming as much as the brain can contain.
This is my second time to visit NIGR. I was in DC in 1998 for my first time and almost felt overwhelmed by all the stuff that was being thrown at me. I met a lot of nice folks and have maintained some good acquaintances.
I will be posting a follow-up to the ending of the program and might even post some blogs on our daily work programs.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home